Monday, October 13, 2008

USC, Sugbu...

After 16 years I was in Cebu City again, particularly, University of San Carlos where I took my Library Science course. I was sent there for one week training on preservation of Filipiniana materials and then for another week for a seminar and book selection. On my first week, I stayed alone at a motel in Pelaez Street, just across USC’s College of Law. On the second week, I stayed at Casa Rosario near the Redemptorist Church in Mango Avenue with my boss and five faculty members.

Cebu City has a special place in my heart as it was there I enjoyed being a student. On my first night and even if it was drizzling, I walked from where I stayed to
Fuente Osmeña thinking of a dinner at a barbecue place called Larsian. However, when I reached Fuente Osmeña, the barbecue place was not there anymore. And so I went instead to Robinson’s and dined at one of the food stalls there. I had puso, ngoyong and fried crabmeat balls. They were not that yummy, but I felt good that I was able to taste again some of the food my classmates and I enjoyed so much, 16 years ago. I was glad I was given the chance to be in Cebu once again. I hope to be back there soon.



No comments: