Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Zipline Experience at Sabros Camp, Digos, Davao del Sur, Philippines

August 30, 2008, a Saturday… the day I conquered one of my fears-- my fear of heights. Initially, it was a mixed feeling. I was so nervous... so afraid... Yet deep inside me there was this desire to try it. Yeah, try it. And I thought, it's now or never. Then there was this other side of me, which was saying, "Nah, it's too scary"... So I was enveloped in seconds of life-changing decision. Do I really have to do it? In the end, I finally gave in to my desire to conquer, if not all of my fears, at least some of them. And that moment was an opportunity that I need to take. So I finally did it, and it was so great! The experience, the adventure, the fun, the adrenalin rush--it was indescribable! My nervousness? It was nowhere to be found just seconds after we took off! It was replaced by sheer thrill and joy of sweet victory. So, I am now a conqueror...

No comments: